Thursday, December 7, 2023


 I'm preparing the Relief Society lesson for Sunday.  The talk for this week is Dallin H. Oaks talk on the Kingdom's of Glory. Several times during my preparations I have felt the quiet whispers of the Holy Ghost testifying to me of God's love for His children, of our purpose on Earth, and of the truthfulness of the divine and glorious plan of salvation. I am beyond grateful, and I want to always remember Him. 


Last night around 9pm we had a knock on our door, it was Clark Davis and his dad.  They were delivering Christmas treats and we were the lucky recipients. Yumm!

Tonight, I have book club at our house. I am making soup and bread and then we will have chocolates.  An easy dessert and fitting for our book selection A Christmas Candy Killing. I'm looking forward to hosting. 

Our darling Ezra got his official diagnosis.  He is autistic. I don't think anyone was surprised and now he will be able to get lots of interventions.  He is a bright and gentle boy.  He also has sooooo much energy, will run away at any opportunity, loves to swim and is quite athletic, loves to paint, (on paper or the wall equally), has lots of characteristics of autism, and also lots of indications that he is bright and capable. We love that boy so much and I am glad he was born into our family, into the Crawley family, to Hannah and Sawyer as parents.  He will get a lot of love and support and help from all those people who care about him and want him to succeed. 

Grace and the bf (who I did not like) broke up.  She is coming to the end of semester one of college and has done well. I am looking forward to seeing her at Christmas and to having her come home for a short time after the next semester.  

One week from today I fly to Utah.  I can't wait to see everyone and to spend some time there. It is the best part for me. I'll be there for almost 2 weeks, which is enough time to see everyone, to do fun things, and to just hang out.  Rob will come a week later, and we will get to enjoy time with our whole family in the same state! Christmas is going to be fun!

Today is Nana's birthday. It was fun to see her a few weeks ago.  Nana is a lovely MIL, a beloved mother, and an amazing grandmother.  Not everyone can say that they are friends with their mother-in-law but I am. Rob is very close to both of his parents and it's nice that we can have a fun time together. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you will have a fabulous Christmas. Enjoy all the fun family time.

    ReplyDelete