Monday, February 3, 2020

superbowl

Saturday we got an email saying that we were having a special meeting on Sunday, our ward and 3 other wards.  We were going to have a boundary realignment. This is never good news.  Well it is because it means the kingdom of God is growing.  Our chapels are full, our parking lots don't have space and it gets more and more full each month. It's not because we miss our friends who are in different wards.  I was nervous about who we would lose, or if we would be in a new ward.  Anyway we went and it was okay.  Our Bishop and four other families that we consider friends are now in the newly formed Lake Butler ward.  5 young men are in those families, no YW though!  We now have a new bishop.  David Cole, who has been Ethan's seminary teacher since we moved here, is our new bishop.  We are delighted.  He is a good man and will be a wonderful leader.  I am looking forward to working with him and I am so glad that he will be working with Bub as he prepares for his mission. I am sad that he won't have him for the rest of seminary but hopefully the year will end strong for him. Bro Wentzel is the new teacher and I think he'll do a great job.
It was an emotional day.  Saying goodbye to Bishop Hansen.  Of course we will still see him but it's a big change.  When you are called to serve you learn to love so much and that calling is central to your whole life.  I know when I have been released from leadership callings I always feel a loss and feel lost for a little while.  I am sure as a bishop it's even more.  Not being in the ward with some of our friends, especially Heather and her family, it hard too. Luckily our kayaks live at Heather's dock so we will still see them:)
I am also very glad that we are still in the same ward as Ivana, and Shannen, and Jenn, and Wendy, and others of our friends. I did lose Suzanne and she is an amazing, amazing secretary.

The Roddy's had a Superbowl party.  Also Abba came over for dinner.  He is in Florida on a golfing trip and came to see us.  After dinner we all went to the Roddy's.  We always love spending time with Abba.  He's the best.
I only stayed at the party for about an hour.  The kids and Rob all wanted to go but I wanted to go to bed and watch TV.  Anyway, they stayed for the whole game and had fun.  Ethan had about a dozen friends there to watch.  Grace and Sage and Hannah Bravo were there to hang out.  Rob watched with the men.  I visited for awhile, which was very fun.  Then came home and went to bed with the dogs.  We watched an episode of Blue Bloods then went to sleep. Everyone was happy.

The girls got together last night to watch the Superbowl too.  Jenna and Clayton have an Airbnb because their kitchen had a flood and it's being renovated.  It's big and has lots of space so they had a party.  Mom and dad and also JaNee and Michael and their family came.   They sent me this cute picture, which I loved!!


No comments:

Post a Comment