Monday, September 14, 2020

are you awake?

Last night we couldn't sleep.  I don't know why.  I lay awake on and off thru the night.  A couple of times Rob asked "why are you awake?" To which I answered "I don't know, why are you awake?" So this morning I was tired, and tonight I am still tired. 

Happy news! The Orlando temple is going to phase 2!! We wondered if Ethan would leave on his mission unendowed, and maybe we wouldn't get to go with him his first time.  But next monday it's open and hopefully soon we will be able to go with our boy.  I can not wait.  I can't wait for Ethan to get to go, it is a wonderful experience.  I also can not wait to go back again myself.  I miss it. A lot.

We had our first confimred case of COVID 19 at our school.  So there's that. Today was a busy day, as they all are.  It's been raining, like usual.  We also have 5 storms brewing out in the Atlantic, which is crazy.  Our world is, in a word, going crazy.  My day to day is only different in small annoying ways but around the globe there are so many disasters, illnesses and issues.  There are many people who's day to day is profoundly different.  I am sad for the suffering and pray for the Savior's swift return. 

In the meantime I applied for grad school.  I always planned on getting a masters.  When I married Rob and we started growing our family I kind of stopped thinking about it and was busy raising 6 kids and moving from time to time.  It's always been in the back of my mind, and finally I decided if I am going to do it now seems like the best time.  I'll be done by the time I am 55 and then I'll have at least 10 years to work until Rob is ready to retire and we can serve missions.  Grace is almost grown and as we live tragically far from the grandkids this will be good.  If I get in.  Oh, my intended degree is in education counseling. So we will see. 

Last night we watched Elder and Sister Rasband's face to face for young adults.  It was amazing.

 

1 comment:

  1. My nephew is in Orlando right now on his mission after being reassigned from Paris. He is in a ward close to the temple and hasn't been yet. My sister is hoping to get down there to be able to go with him but they haven't got that worked out yet. So exciting! I miss the temple so much.

    ReplyDelete