Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday

The Lord needs valiant servants,
To do his work in the latter day,
Who follow the teachings of Jesus
And serve his people in a loving way.
I will be his servant
And keep my cov’nants valiantly.
I’ll stand for truth. I’ll stand for right.
The Lord can depend on me.

Today our Sunday School lesson was really good. It was on section 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants. Steve was our substitute teacher and he did a great job. He approached the topic from the perspective of how does where we  end up after our earth life relate to our relationship with Jesus Christ. We had some really good discussion. Brandon Bushman talked about singing a primary song at bedtime with his two little ones that is about being valiant and how being valiant is action related. Our testimonies of Jesus Christ need to be valiant in order for us to be saved in the celestial kingdom. That takes action on our part, to be obedient and to make our covenants and keep them. And it takes action on the part of the Savior to redeem us and partner with us so His perfection becomes ours. 

Right after church we came home and made dinner because we had a busy evening planned.
Bryant, our behind the back wall neighbor, invited us to his church to hear him perform in an orchestra he is in. Rob was happy to go, I was far less happy but I went anyway. It was at St Luke’s Methodist church and the sanctuary was beautiful and peace filled. The orchestra turned out to be wonderful and I was pleasantly surprised that I had a very nice time. 

After we got home we picked up Grace and headed over to the Roddy’s. They had a farewell for the boys. 

 Sierra sent this picture of her arm. It is doing amazing! I am so grateful for her miraculous recovery and just keep praying for her. I wish I lived there but since I don’t, and for now can’t, I am very grateful for the power of prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment