Saturday, November 12, 2022

Escape

The band did not make it to semi finals. They did have snow today, which is a lot of fun for a bunch of Florida kids! 
They went to the mall, had time for homework, and went to the stadium to watch finals. Hopefully they had a very good day.
We watched the Ohio State football game, I did school work, we went to the Green and had dinner and then we did an escape room. It was super fun and not a little frustrating. 

 

In other news I have a lot to learn. I spend hours and hours every day on school but I need to up my quality of work. I learned that we are only allowed two C’s or we are dropped from the program. Also today I got my first paper back and I got an 89%, which is okay BUT I also got an academic misconduct report. So plagiarism. The stated issue was that I forgot the quotation marks on my quotes and only cited them in the body and in the footnotes.  
I was shocked. Not that I forgot something. Or that my writing needs work. I know I have a steep learning curve, but that I got written up for it. I feel like a conversation would have been better. 

The result was no action taken, and that it was accidental but it was still very upsetting. 

I’m going to have to really pay attention to the format and use the writing center for help so this never happens again! (And also I thought it was a little unfair)


No comments:

Post a Comment