Sunday, April 2, 2023

Thermometer


We watched conference this weekend. It was good. I will say that I feel like I got less out of it than normal, enjoyed it but not as much as I am used to. 
This is a good spiritual thermometer. 
If something is lacking I know right where to look. 

This year has been crazy. In any way that your like to define year. The last 12 months ✔️ All of 2023✔️

It’s been a struggle to do all the things. To be optimistic. To grow and bloom where I am planted. 
Living apart from Rob has been hard, it’s been hard to meet his needs from across the country and it’s been expensive. 
Senior year for our last little chicken. That’s a tough one. 
Menopause ✔️ it’s a thing. 
School - awesome and hard and sometimes I don’t get A’s🤷‍♀️

Moving, again. 

So, luckily I know the cure:
Careful attention to private religious practices.
Temple attendance.
Serve.
Don’t pass.
this is what I mean. I just read a book about Thomas Jefferson’s daughters. Two by his wife Martha and one by his “wife”/slave Sally Hemings. All his children by Sally passed as white (except). At school I’ve been passing as a Christian. I am a Christian of course, but I’m more than a regular evangelical Christian, which is who I go to school with. I am a follower of the living Christ. A member of the church of  Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have access to the saving ordinances and covenants of the restored gospel. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, of Joseph Smith as the prophet of the restoration, of Russel M Nelson as a living prophet today, of priesthood power that is restored on earth and that blesses all mankind. Yet I rarely mention this. I have learned the language of the evangelicals and talk of being saved by the cross of Christ instead of the atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have blended in. 

Faith that God has a plan way better for me than what I want for myself. 
A renewed focus.
That’s what I need.

Lucky me, I can repent and change today. 


1 comment:

  1. It is hard to be apart from your spouse and/or child. You have done an amazing job of trying to meet the needs of everyone. Then you add in going to school too - Wow! I've been praying for you as you go through this challenging time where you are needed in more than one place at a time. You are an amazing and strong woman. Sending love and prayers to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete