Friday, May 12, 2023

School pictures have come a long way.  Marshall and Penny always get the cutest shots. I love these kiddos and am so proud of what good, smart, kind, kids they are.  I don't have any plans to see them until September but they are always in my thoughts. 

Soccer season has drawn to a close for Avalanche. I think Dani and Ethan had fun coaching and it was fun to see Ethan's weekly videos detailing their triumphs and defeats. Mostly defeats but always fun.
Cute Ez is a nice big brother. 
Last night I went to dinner with Kitty, Michelle, and Colleen. We met in Brandywine and had a really good talk. I love those ladies a lot and am grateful for a friendship that has survived many years, and many of my moves. There is nothing more comforting than being with friends who know you~the good, bad, and ugly and with whom you can be authentic and share meaningful conversations with. And who like you even when you are a hot mess. 

Anyway, we did a lot of catching up, and as is typical with life some of it was fun and happy and some of it was not.  Sharing both is a balm to my soul.

 Speaking of souls, my sweet friend Rachel passed away yesterday after a 3-year battle with cancer. We met when we moved into the Lake Reams ward. She was the gospel doctrine teacher and she was a gifted and engaging teacher.  Everyone loved her and it was easy to see why.  She was kind and funny and friendly. I am grateful that I got to know her, and I am sad for the family and friends she left behind.  She was one of the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment