Wednesday, March 24, 2021

back to normal



We are adjusting to life without babies at the house. It is quiet.  Yesterday I cleaned up all the toys and put them away to store.  I still have to wash sheets and clean up the beach supplies.



We got to chat with Ethan on monday.  He actually got kicked off the call, we stayed on talking for a little bit until we realized he wasn't coming back on.  He was transferred this week.  He had mixed feelings . He liked his apartment and they were having a lot of fun together, he also didn't like one of the guys and moving is good.  I can't believe it's almost April.  Will Stroud got his mission call last night, Mexico.  It's so exciting to see these missionaries going out.  Mike Martines posted Ellie and Eric's letters on fb this week and it was fun to see how they are doing. They are both assigned to South American countries.  Of course no one knows if or when they will go.  SA seems to be opening up slowly.  Europe is struggling.  The EU is not doing a good job at manufacturing or distributing the vaccine and they are spiking.  Spain is going down in cases but who know knows?  This global pandemic has really been the worst.
Last night we had a presidency meeting.  Shannen is moving.  She has been an amazing counselor.  I will be sad to see her go.  They bought a home though that will be so perfect for their family.  I am excited for her!

I gave the spiritual thought at our meeting.  We recently (yesterday) decided to go thru the handbook together as a presidency and see what we will learn. Yesterday we didn't even have to go past the first paragraph to find something to talk about.
The Young Women organization helps God’s children prepare to return to His presence. As they strive to keep their covenants with God, young women will be “armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory” (1 Nephi 14:14).

 I shared with the ladies an experience I had that day.  My friend at work came up to me and asked me about praying for children. She is a faithful Christian but her worries about her children lay heavy on her heart.  She asked if we taught how to pray for our children at church.  At first I wasn't sure what she meant but as we talked about it she shared that she had a little binder of prayers that she had printed and that she prayed each day for her kids.  I told her we had no prescribed prayers, except the sacrament.  That prayer comes from our hearts and we can talk and ask about whatever we want.  We had a great conversation.  I shared with her how I sometimes was at a loss as to what even to ask for and then I would pray to know what to pray.  I also told her that the prayers of a righteous mother were powerful, and that I believed they called down angels to protect and guide our children.  She was very touched by this and thanked me for sharing  After our chat I went on line and found a talk by Elder Holland that I thought would help her, I printed it and gave it to her before we left that afternoon.  She told me this morning that she loved the talk, she had highlighted it and was praying on those words.  I love my friend and hope this leads to more talks...and more chances to share.  I thought about the young women being armed with righteousness.  This is an amazing blessing that maybe we don't even realize.  Knowing how to pray.  Knowing we can pray. Knowing what God wants us to do.  All these things are amazing gifts and such a powerful show of Heavenly Father's love for us.  He truly arms us and makes us prepared for the challenges and battles of our day.  To survive them, to help others find the way, to thrive and have joy and to return to Him.

Yesterday was a great day.  I talked to all my girls.  Sierra called on her way home from a work dinner.  Jenna called while she was bathing the girls.  Marshall called to tell my about his soccer game and then I also talked to Dani and Penny.  Hannah and Ezra called.  And of course every day I get to talk to Gracie girl.  Rob and I also had a good day together, although interrupted sleep las night, he sometimes has night terrors and it is hard for everyone. It's all good though, we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment