Sunday, May 22, 2022

An Auspicious Beginning…not

We got home from church and I started making dinner when John called from upstairs that there was a flood. 

That really threw a wrench in the day.

It flooded the bathroom, hallway, bedroom, stairway, and it was raining from the ceiling and the walls were weeping. What a complete mess.

I called the plumber and we got the water turned off in the house. Then I called the other youth leaders to let them know I wouldn’t be going to BYD. There were many offers of help but I said we didn’t need any. Then everyone came with fans and shop vacs and it was so nice! It turned out I did need help and I was so very grateful for it. 

Mom and Dad and Kathy and John helped so much and 4 families from the ward came. I felt so looked out for and so loved. It was really nice. 

 The plumber found the leak and fixed it. Now we have water restoration and repiping and dry wall and maybe carpet to fix. 

That should be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment