Thursday, September 8, 2022

Passing


Whether you are the Queen of England, or Ms Robbin from NY who now resides in Florida, everyone’s days on Earth come to an end. Today two lovely ladies passed and I am sad. 
Queen Elizabeth, although not my Queen because I’m not British, was a beloved public figure. She reigned for 70 years and I will miss her and her corgies, her handbag, her pretty smile, and her royal family. Plus no one has been looking forward to Charles taking the throne.  I was surprisingly  sad to hear of her passing this afternoon.

 Just a couple hours later I got a text from Mea Clarke, then Jennifer, then Andrea, all to tell me that our good friend and my former, their current, co-worker died in her sleep last night. I was shocked and sad. I saw her a few weeks ago and promised to get together for lunch..but I didn’t.
 Robbin had a heart of gold. She was the craziest, loudest person I have ever been friends with. She was also whole hearted in her love for her friends and family. She worked so hard to give her children a good life, she loved Jesus with all her heart and had a bumper sticker on her car that said “God’s Girl”. She loved horses and dogs and gospel music. She had a wicked tongue, a sweet tooth and a brave face in the midst of what was a life full of challenges. She stood up for herself, and for anyone else who needed her help. We worked side by side for two years and I knew all the intimate details of her life, she shared fully and unashamedly. She was known for sending out inspirational messages every morning and for dancing down the hallway to Ariana Grande’s “Thank you, next” in the afternoon when the last bell rang. We were good friends and laughed a lot at work. Last time I saw her she gave me her signature huge hug and kiss on the cheek and said she loved me and let’s get together soon. I hugged her back and said I loved her too. My life is better and certainly more colorful thanks to our friendship. I am so sad & shocked that she’s gone, I am glad she is with the Savior and at peace. Tonight my prayers are with Shivonne and Danny and the rest of her family, as well as for all of us who loved her.



No comments:

Post a Comment