Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Back at it


 After a few weeks off from school for Christmas break I am back to school. I have a lot of classes this semester, hopefully not too many. 🤞

Today was a busy day. This morning Nicole, Alicia, and I went to Hollywood Studios. So fun. We had a great chat and our time flew by. 

I’ve been putting Grace and Blake off as they have invited me to go to the gym many times. Today I went and it was fun. And hard. They love to work out together and go many times each week. 

This evening Nicole asked me to help with YW. I was happy to. It’s always so fun to spend time with the girls. 

During the break I was able to do some leisure reading.


 This was my reading stack for the break. I finished four in their entirety and the other two I am still working on. I read “The Swedish Art of Aging Exuberantly” which I loved. Margareta Magnisson wrote it when she was in her 80s. She is charming and articulate and practical. She also wrote “The Swedish Art of Death Cleaning” which is now on my list. I read “Good Morning, Monster” which was very interesting. It was written by Catherine Gildiner and it was about 5 clients she had over her many decades long career as a psychologist who she considered heros. 

“The Identicals” by Elin Hilferbrand is set in Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard and is the story of identical twin sisters who are split apart by their parents divorce and live separate lives and later are forced back together by their fathers death and their mothers accident. It’s a fluffy sad but then happy romance but I liked it. 

“My Friend, the Octopus” follows the octopus theme of books that I read from time to time. It was not my favorite one but the cover art was beautiful and I liked it. 

“Th Awakened Brain” is super interesting. It’s about the effects of religion on the brain. I am still working on it. And “Atlas of the Heart” I only thumbed thru but as soon as I’m done with the brain I am moving on to the heart. 

Last night I went to the temple with some RS sisters. It was so very sweet. We are spoiled to live 15 minutes away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment