Monday, January 16, 2023

lots of days

 11pm.  I woke up in bed, the tv was on. I hate when that happens.  It means I missed the end of whatever I was watching and will have to watch it again.  It also means I have to get up and make sure that everything is ready for the night.  In the winter this is even worse because the bed is warm and I don't want to leave it.  
We are in our few days of winter.  Orlando does get cold. We have a couple of days here and there when the weather is cold and the wind blows.  Tonight is one.  I went to Grace's room to tell her to take the dog out.  She was also asleep so I took him out, thankfully he did his business quickly.  I guess he didn't want to stay out any longer than I did.  Then I locked up downstairs, closed up Grace's room, and grabbed a sweater on my way back to bed. 

Saturday, we have 5 offers on the house.  Strangely.  We've been showing it for 14 days and then all of a sudden all these offers come in on the same day.  I am grateful.  I knelt to pray last night and asked Heavenly Father for His help in selling the house.  Coincidence? I don't really believe in coincidences, rule #39. I do believe that God's hand is in our lives each day, we need to recognize His presence. So I am very grateful.  It's not a done deal but it looks like we are headed that way.  In the meantime we keep showing it and wait patiently for all the pieces to come together.

Sunday, Grace spoke in the WG ward.  She didn't want me to go listen, so I didn't. It's a weird time when your child is almost an adult.  They begin to venture out on their own long before they actually move out. With my adult children I like to let them set the pace. I want to give them space to grow and stretch and become all they are meant to be.  This means stepping back and taking yourself out of the picture sometimes.  It means not getting hurt if they want to do something on their own.  It means finding your own life again after losing for them.

It was my turn to teach our little primary class.  We taught Luke 2 and it was super fun.  



Monday, Blake has been gone to MI with his dad for the weekend.  Grace went to the airport to pick him up.  After they got back Sandy and I met them at Azteca for dinner.  I got the tacos al pastor and they were delicious. We came back to our house after and Blake and Grace built legos while Sandy and I visited in the living room for 2 hours.  We were surprised when we looked at the time to see that we had been hanging out for that long. 

Also today Grace got her nails done for a birthday present and we took our cars to get oil changes and for blue to get fitted for the move.  It was $$$. 






No comments:

Post a Comment