Thursday, January 12, 2023

Red tailed hawk

I was driving home from being gone for a showing. Listen, we have had 71 showings so far. This is crazy and not very fun. Do you know what it is like to mop your floor twice a day? Every.day??? Not fun. 
I digress.
So I was driving home and the people were still in the house so I passed right on by and stopped around the corner. I had my sunroof glass closed but the slider open because last night on the way home from YW I was watching the fireworks. As soon as I pulled over I heard a scrape on the roof and looked up and saw this guy! I couldn’t believe it. 

 I sat there for 12-15 min watching him. Dani had FaceTimed on her way to the temple where she was going to do initiatories for a bunch of the Maries in the family so we were chatting and watching the bird.

Eventually I thought to open the glass not knowing if he’d fly way or not. He did not. Then I got a really great view. 

(If he had hopped in the car I would have hoped out of the door..I actually had thought it thru) He sat there awhile longer and eventually I thought I should try to touch him.

That was when he bid me adieu. A great word to start your wordle game if you want a lot of vowels.

It was so cool. Magical really. 

Also today we went back to the preserve. During a showing. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment