Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sunday

 I've been writing for years, chronicling the adventures of life.  I try to be real. And I try to be positive. I wonder if I've captured the things that are the most important.  My hope is that someday I will read through it and it will bring back happy memories for me. It already does actually. I also hope my kids and my grandkids and maybe their kids? Idk. We are a family history doing people so maybe, or maybe they won't care. anyway I hope they read it and know that I love my family. I hope they can feel my testimony. I hope they find my poor spelling and creative use of punctation endearing.

There is less to write about at this stage of life. Our weekend was good.  We went to the River Concert with Mark and Amy.  They sit in the serious listeners section, which we had never sat in before. The music was beautiful, and we had a great view of the pianist's hands.  I always enjoy spending time with Amy.  I feel very blessed to have wonderful women in my life.  There is something sacred about that.  I love the examples they are to me.  Sisters that are older than I am, that I learn so much from. I love the wisdom and the grace that they have. Sisters my own age and stage. Julia and I talked today while I drove and it's like only a moment has passed each time we get on the phone. It's fun to have someone who is right there with you. Sisters who are younger and who are living life, and mothering, and working and serving with such energy and enthusiasm. Who are so much better at it than I was.  It's amazing.  Sisters who are just starting, love them too.  There is a strength and a grace and a divine nature in God's beloved daughters.

Saturday, we tidied.  We went to Salsas.  I did homework.

Today Josh Darrow got called to the stake presidency. I am excited for his service. He is a good man and will do good work. I am grateful for good men who follow Jesus, who are His disciples. Susan Jeffers taught, and she is such a good teacher.  She prepares really thoughtful questions, and you can tell how much she loves the sisters in the ward.  She asked how we knew the church was true. I loved listening to the different sisters share. My testimony was buoyed up. Manuela shared a powerful testimony. Another cute girl shared her story- one that includes times when she doesn't come to church and times when she does but how she always feels that God loves her. She cried and said she wants to come back. To which we said, you are back.  You are right here. 

The thing is the world is dark and ominous and so many dear and precious ones are losing their way.  It's so easy to forget truths we once knew. It's easy to listen to the voices of the sophisticated, the questioning, the rebellious, the doubters, the educated, the skeptical. Those voices are loud, and they can be compelling.  The voice of the still small voice is harder to hear.

Today after church I drove to Liberty. It's my week on campus. Megan and I got a vrbo for half the cost of a hotel! I'm looking forward to learning a lot. I hope I am remembering all the things I need to know. I feel like my brain is not that sharp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment