Sunday, October 11, 2020

Welcome Welcome Sabbath morning

This morning, at 7am, in the pacific ocean (thank you covid) Deo was baptized by his dad.  Anna and Joneaux were the witnesses and we got to watch it on zoom.  How many of those things would have sounded crazy a couple of years ago? It was beautiful.  He looked radiant and excited with all the enthusiasm of an 8year old boy.  I loved watching!  What a special weekend to have two newly baptized family members.  
This is my zoom screen shot, super fuzzy but still nice. 
Everyone got to go back to church today, if they wanted.  We had to sit every other row, and wear our masks but everyone could come and it was really nice.  The Bishop spoke about the second coming and it was a very good talk.  I sat by Bub and thought about how there are just a few more weeks until he's off on his mission.  Woah! The years go by so quickly!

After church we all drove home and then YW and Priesthood had their 2nd hour. It went really well.  I have to say I felt the spirit and was so grateful to see the girls and to meet with them.  Sage, Lettie and Madison each taught a part of the lesson.  We also discussed conference talks.  One real silver lining is I think this pandemic has made us so appreciate meeting together and worshipping together. 

My conference sharing was about the prophets challenge.  I am now almost thru 2nd Nephi and I find myself drawn to pick up the book and to look for evidences of the Saviors doings for us.  They are every where! It is such a beautiful thing and brings such peace and light into my heart.

 

I am making Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner (Grace's request).  We are doing well.  We have a 3 day weekend and everyone is delighted.  Rob's three days were Fri-Sun, his usual.  Me and Grace get Sat-Mon.  We are excited.  Also in the exciting news category a show I like "The Good Witch" just released the next season on Netflix so I have been watching that.  Yay!  Also just news: Ziva is doing great at the Morgan's.  I have missed her more than I expected.  When we go on vacation somewhere or leave her for whatever reason I never miss her but being home and her not being home is sad.  I am going to chalk this up to the dumbest thing I have done in 2020.  So I texted to see how she was and to tell them that if she's too much, or her food is too expensive, or whatever we miss her and would happily take her back.  They said she was great.  They love her and she's sweet and awesome.  So there you go.  I am hoping they have sticker shock when they go to buy her food. And if they don't then I get to know that I made a poor choice. (small sigh).  I do not want any other pets though and am looking forward to all the animals moving out.  It's a mixed bag.  I made egg casserole this morning that was way too salty. Our laundry is caught up from the dryer breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment