Monday, April 19, 2021

30 years

Chris and Sierra šŸ’•
I’m 30 years post cancer. What?? How crazy is that? I hardly think about it but every now and then it pops into my head. I few weeks ago I realized that this big day was coming up. It was also my birthday 53.  Comes around every year.  It was a good day.  I had lots of phone calls and facebook birthday wishes.  

 Saturday night Grace and a bunch of her friends went to Myles' birthday party.  I drove a full car load of girls down there.  The traffic was crazy.  They went to Wonder Works on I-drive.  When I was dropping them off our car was surrounded by 50 motorcycles whizzing down the road, doing wheelies and acting crazy.  I-drive was so crowded.  Grace had a good time.  They had pizza and watched a magic show and hung out together.  Myles is new to our ward, he was baptized just a month ago.  I don't think he knows a lot of people so it was super nice of the girls to go.  I think there were about 10 kids from the ward there.

After I dropped her off Rob and I went for birthday molten chocolate cake at Chili's.  He also bought me a beautiful australian opal bracelet.


Yesterday was an unusually busy meeting day.  We had ward council.  We used to have it only every other week (which I loved) but now we meet every week.  Then Grace and I went to pick up Avory who was going to meet with the missionaries.  She sat in.  We went to sacrament meeting, and then we went to Sunday school on zoom.  In the evening we had a camp meeting, Grace is a YCL this year, and finally we had a fireside.  It was a lot of meetings, it felt like old times.  We have gotten used to having a lot of free time on Sundays though so it was odd.



At 10 pm I heard Grace run down the stairs and then back up.  The Evans had baked me a cake! How sweet is that.  In the afternoon Rob and Grace played games with me.  I love games, they don't so that was nice.  We played Cat Crimes and Phase 10.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment