Friday, November 5, 2021

5:15

 The meeting starts at 7 and the seats are already beginning to fill up. It’s pouring rain outside and I wore my dress to work so I could come straight here. Elder Renlund is addressing  the women tonight and we are all very much looking forward to it. So wet shoes, a two hour wait, and a mask can not dampen our enthusiasm. (The ladies I am sitting by came last night and got a hotel room.)

It was a good week. We had our semi annual conference challenge, youth vs bishopric, and the youth won! That was the first time ever! We were all excited for them. 

I had my formal classroom observation and my data chat this week. Both went fine. Idk about these 6th graders, they keep me on my toes. I like them and I like teaching but I don’t like the mountains of paperwork and accommodations and the out of control shenanigans that sometimes go on. Today during lunch Flor dubbed it “movie day” and we watch SNL sketches of a science teacher trying to teach. We were rolling, not because it was that funny but because it was so relatable. If you are not in a classroom there is no way you would believe the kinds of things we see every day. 

Project day with some of my babies, they were writing skits.


Grace continues to love band. Her mouth is healed now. She is fighting another Lincoln battle. 

It’s the beginning of gratitude month, so in no particular order I present things I am grateful for right now:

My flex, that runs great and has been an awesome car for many years now.
Rob’s truck that he loves and that has fancy Ohio state seats.
Little blue that takes Grace everywhere she needs to go.
Our missionary, Ethan, who has a few days less than a year left to serve.
Rain
BOM
Disney
Friends
Grandchildren
Children
Parents
Beautiful ocean days
Food to eat
My calling in YW
Our home
Modern medicine
the internet
FaceTime
Music
Holiday cheer
DayQuil (I’m a little sniffly)
Conference talks
Baked goods
Fall flowers
Fireworks
Books to read
Laundry soap and clean clothes



No comments:

Post a Comment