Thursday, November 18, 2021

Bonus day

2 or 3 am last night I was woken up by Grace. She was crying and couldn’t breath and felt terrible and her throat hurt and it was a dark moment. We checked her throat, gave her some NyQuil and Zyrtec and tucked her into bed with us. I then got to lay in bed with Rob and his two cats on one side and Grace and her dog on the other. It was a restful night. 

Somewhere along the way I realized I needed to get a sub so I took care of that. Rob would have taken Grace to the doctor but he was leaving at 7am to go on a hog hunting trip with Pete so it was all me. In the morning  I took her to the doctor for a Covid test. It was negative. Her lungs and ears looked good, sore throat was there. He said there is a respiratory bug going around but our minds were at ease. 

Now I had an unexpected day off off.  I felt guilty and delighted at the same time. Jenna and I took the girls to sea world and I forgot about the guilt and enjoyed a fun day with no crowds and perfect temperatures!

We didn’t see any shows and are excited to go back and do that next week with everyone. Instead we enjoyed Seasame Street land, looked at some of the animals, and ate hot pretzels which the girls shared with the flock of ibis that gathered around the table.
They loved this flower pot ride, and a cute little train ride. They hated the roller coaster big time!
We were home in time to make dinner, read stories, and for the girls to play with toys and change outfits 3-4 times.
Grace went to band. Doesn’t feel great but is happy to go to state this weekend. 
It was cold in the penguin house. These cute girls are very princess and the pea like and get distressed by things easily. 



 I’m so glad we get this time together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment