Sunday, November 28, 2021

Hanukkah

 We sort of celebrated Hanukkah today. We talked about the story of the miracle of lights. The most interesting part, from a Christian perspective, is how the Jews fought to regain the temple and then they cleansed it and worshiped again with a renewed dedication.  We, too, can rededicate ourselves, we too can fight to worship the way our conscience dictates. 

So we made latkes, lit a menorah, had brisket and applesauce and played dreidel.

Makayla got gimel more than anyone! She was happy. All the girls were happy to eat the geld.
We had a fun night and now our thanksgiving break is drawing to a close. I got out my work computer tonight and made sure I was ready for tomorrow. 
Ruby’s sweet bedtime prayer tonight:
Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you that I can sleep in the flamingo room.
Thank you for (I can’t remember what she said although I told myself to make a mental note of it but we think it was stuffed animal related)
Thank for that the kitty can sleep on my belly. 
Thank you for the flamingo room at Mimi’s.
In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

Children’s prayers are so sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment