Thursday, November 11, 2021

My kids

For YW this week we learned about etiquette and played nertz and “bologna sandwich” (think how to lose a guy in 10 days). It was fun and they are silly. 

This week at school we had a media center day. We needed a field trip, many of the kids had not been there to check out a book and didn’t know how to and the librarian has a nice lesson that is very informative. So that was really a nice day. 

Work is such a dichotomy in my mind. There are parts I like, I like the kids, I like teaching, I like my colleagues, I like getting paid. There are parts I really don’t like, I don’t like the commute (40 minutes each way), I don’t like the grading and testing, I don’t like the behavior problems, I don’t like the dumb things we have meetings about (for example this week we had a meeting because the district sent out people to take pictures of our trash and decided that we were not properly utilizing our recycle bins and they would like teachers to manage that…really that’s what they are spending their money and wanting to spend our time on?), and I hate calling parents, and I don’t like never being home. 


 This week we had Mimi book club. Last month I sent Joneaux, Tal, Tate and Reggie copies of “Small Spaces” and invited them to a virtual book club. They read the book and we met a couple nights ago. It was really fun. Em and Dani also logged on and we talked about the parts we liked in the book, and the parts we thought were scary and it was fun to see them! They want to do it again so I sent them “Space Case” and we will get to reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment