Monday, April 18, 2022

Birthday

Todays my birthday. I’m 54. That’s surreal. 

I worked, my friend Louise spilled the beans that today was my bday so the kids wished me a happy birthday and I got lots of hugs throughout the day!

When I got home we went to Bahama Breeze for dinner. Grace and I did her ASL homework. She had to watch videos of people telling stories and then answer questions about the story. It was fun (for me) and I remembered some of the sign language I learned long ago. 


 We got to talk to Ethan. He had an apartment full of missionaries and they all said Happy Birthday! I got to talk to mom and dad, and all the girls. Jenna and I had a nice long chat, which was the best! In a perfect world I’d talk to each of my kids for 30-60 minutes a day;) Her house is busy and her duties are many and it’s always fun for me to peek in and see how life is going! When she called she was holding Darcy, not much later the sweet baby got a little cranky so J put her down for a nap. Then she walked around the house picking up stuff from each room. She found a surprise flood in the bathroom and got that mopped up then moved on to the kitchen when suddenly there was a noise. Back to the bathroom “we” went and there was Cora. 

Jenna “what are you doing?”

Cora “making a flood”

Jenna “remember you’re not allowed to do that”

Cora “it just a little one.”

Ruby (coming in from outside) “mom, my worm died.

Offers dead worm up for inspection. 

Me “they are so cute!”

Jenna sigh

Or something near that. 

Today is also Greg’s birthday. We exchanged birthday greetings:

What did you do today? Worked.

What did you do today? Worked. 

Good chat, Happy Birthday!

Or something kind of near that. We mostly talked about the upcoming wedding and the plans that are coming together not so smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment