Saturday, August 6, 2022

Connections

I’m so grateful for FaceTiming the kids and grands!
Thursday and Friday I helped work on the band fundraiser. Since I was at the school I stopped by the offices to say hi to my friends yesterday. It was so good to see them. It’s hard to put into words the feelings of the heart when you reunite with people you love. Of course you have that feeling when you see your family again. Earlier this summer going back to pax was that as well, the hugs that were so sincere and full of love, the feeling of home. Going to guidance was like that. I loved working there and love them. I was in a unique position where I got to chat with everyone most every day. They’d pass by my desk through out the day and we’d talk. I’d need to go to their offices for different reasons and we’d talk.  The nature of their work meant we often talked about things that were meaningful and impactful and we got to know each other in ways that were deeply connected. Going back I was met with lots of warm hugs and excited exclamations. And I was able to sit and catch up one on one as I made my way down the hall. Some of the catching up was the fun reporting of what’s new in our lives and families, some was a little more. It was a highlight of my week. I love knowing that  I have made a difference in someone’s life. My deepest desire is to serve, lift,  and love like Christ. Sometimes I see a hint that I am doing that. There is no greater joy than knowing you have done something good, something Christlike, that you’ve had a part in making another life better. And like all good things it always happens that you are also bettered, lifted, and made good. 
Rob drove all night and came home early Friday morning. He’ll be working remotely for a week and I am super happy to have him home. Yesterday we went to the Bass Pro shop, out to lunch, and in the evening we went out for our favorite Mickey Beignets.
Mostly we just enjoyed each other company though. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment