Sunday, August 21, 2022

Home

Emma got up super early to drive me to the airport. We took the scenic route and I was so grateful that she was willing to take me.

Despite our detour I made it on time and had a safe flight. When I sat down and buckled up…and after the doors were closed, the pilot got on welcomed everyone to the flight and then said don’t expect snacks or to take your seatbelt off, we are expecting some “light chop” on the entire flight. 🤦🏽‍♀️
While I was gone I got several really fun pictures from other band moms. This one was from the first pep rally. The one below is from senior portrait day.
I’ve traded bed partners for the next few weeks. I miss Rob when we are apart but I’m proud of him and the good work he’s doing. 

 Sometimes photos pop up on fb, which I love. This is one! 


Also for my SoMD friends, we are building at Porto Bello Estates near Flat Iron Farm AND even though we will be in different wards  I’m totally willing to drive to Salsas any time:) or to your house for book club:) I’m excited to reconnect with everyone. 

Lastly here’s a quote I loved today by Erin Napier, 

“As humans we wish we could do it all, see it all, be anything we want to be… But it’s not possible,” she wrote. “Time is short and we are too flawed and regular to do and to have every thing we want. We have to figure out that thing God wants us to focus on, say “yes” to that road and forget all the other roads. Give that everything we’ve got. And that’s the only way we can make a real difference in the world, by carving that uniquely ‘you’ shaped path into the earth that it was missing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment