Thursday, December 29, 2022

Driving

 

Unexpectedly we got to take one more mission photo. The Hamilton’s had a zoom meeting for all their missionaries from the whole year. They made the mission baptism goal and wanted to be grateful together. It’s been really fun to hear about Ethan’s mission the last couple of months. 

Today we are driving home. It’s been super long, with tons of traffic, and right now I am the passenger which I do not love. 

The awful news of the day is our home sale fell through. We are back on the market and have 3 showings tomorrow. That means we will get home around 11 and spend some time fluffing up the house. It also means I won’t be able to go fluff up Ethan’s apartment when he goes to school. For Christmas the girls got me a ticket to fly to Utah with him. This was the nicest gift ever! It makes me so happy that they want to spend time with me as much as I want to spend time with them.

We are going to change the flight to Marshall’s baptism weekend, which is also so awesome. 

We’ve been listening to conference talks and podcasts and stuff on the drive. My favorite one of the day was by Elder Bednar. It was a couple years old and was called “quit worrying about it! Is it the Holy Ghost or just me?”. It was really good. I always love his talks. I realized this morning that the talks by apostles that I look forward to the most are by the ones with whom I have had a personal experience. I ❤️❤️❤️ Elder Holland. Dani and I saw him speak in person when he was first called and it was a life changing experience. Elder Bednar -Rob and Hannah and I saw in CA and he was amazing. Elder Renlund -we saw in Florida not too long ago in a two day meeting that was so awesome! I love all the apostles but I’m a little extra excited to hear the ones I “know”. This made me think about how important it is to know the Savior in a real, and a personal way. Having a relationship with Him is critical to our spiritual growth and to our salvation. Knowing Him adds to our joy and makes our earth life more pleasant and purposeful. I am grateful that He is accessible to all of us and that he love each of us enough to die for us. The least we can do is live for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment