Saturday, February 4, 2023

home(ish)


It's cold in MD today.  Rob's been sick but he was able to head out to the house and check on the progress. It's one of his hobbies.  I bet Tommy, who is our builder, will be happy when our house is done😉

I spent the day writing my last paper of the week.  I turned it in around 4pm, with a sigh of relief.  I always feel relieved when the week’s work is done in the allotted amount of time. 

Yesterday we had class until a little before noon and then I made the drive home.  I was pleased with my time, it took less than 12 hours with only two stops.  That's a PR. The week was super busy and I felt like I learned so much.

Yesterday Penny had pioneer history day. Jenna and the girls went to watch all the festivities.  J's house is all torn up right now so they are staying at an vrbo this week. Not as much fun as it sounds I am sure.


This morning Sierra went with some of her friends to a big cat interaction at the zoo.  So fun! She got to feed a lion!


J got to go skiing today.  Grace went prom dress shopping with Lettie, and then they went to Blake's house to hang out.
 
Hannah and Sawyer are snowed in, well not literally but I bet they feel like it.  Ezra is having a time of it adjusting to living in an apartment without a backyard.  He's been a handful.  Luckily his mom and dad are very proactive and have found some great things to keep him busy.  He is a little behind in speech so he's going to have speech therapy, as well in home OT.  He is also getting evaluated for a preschool program.  I am happy for them.  Early interventions are fun for the kiddo and give mom a few hours of free time each week.  Win Win!
I came home and the house smelled good and was nice and tidy.  She did a great job living by herself for two weeks.  I guess she's really about ready to be on her own (ish). 

No comments:

Post a Comment