Monday, February 27, 2023

Packing


 The packing has begun. We have three days of packing and cleaning and then we’ll wave goodbye to our stuff and lock the door. 

It’s been a good little house. Rob hated it and we did have some flooding issues but I’ll miss it. 

My heart is sad to leave the Disney capital in the Sunshine State. There isn’t anything I haven’t liked about living here…umm, well there are two things: august- brutal, and being so far from the grands. 

I’ve loved living near family. We see each other not a ton but I’d say regularly, and it’s been really fun to watch Makayla and Maverick grow.  Of course now that Grace and I are staying with T&D we’ll see them a lot. I’m really grateful that we can stay here and feel at home. I’m delighted that  Grace has somewhere safe to be when I’m gone, with people who love her and will be there for her. It’s easy to be the giver, the helper, the open door. I know if someone in our family needed to live with us we wouldn’t even think twice about it & we’d be happy to have them. I know that’s how they feel as well. As the recipient, I still feel very grateful and blessed. This year has been a hard one but we have been looked after, we have been blessed beyond measure and as it’s now creeping to an end I’m hoping things will go smoothly. That Grace will graduate and that she can move on to the next adventure. And that we can enjoy these last couple months. 

I love our ward.

I love the friends we have made at church and at work and other parents and neighbors. 

I love that there is so much to do and that it’s so nice outside. 

I like living in a busy place with lots of restaurants and shopping and attractions. 

It’s been a really amazing 5 years! (Almost) when I move it’ll have been 4 years 10 month. It’s been a good chapter. Like in every good book I’m sad to turn to the last page and come to the end but they always do. 

I’m sure the next book will be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment