Friday, February 10, 2023

The Sacred and the mundane

Every day is filled with moments. Some that lift us, others that leave us empty. 

There is a constant ebb and flow in life. I’ll let you decide which moments that I describe fall into each category. 

This morning I got up and did some laundry. Later Rob and I had a zoom call with Grace and the SVU admissions office.

I went to the temple this afternoon. It was beautiful and instructive. I am so grateful for living prophets and modern revelation. I am so blessed to know the living Christ and our loving Father in Heaven. It is such a miracle and a gift that they love us. That Christ died for us. For me. That God, the Father, has done everything for us so that we can return to Him.

For my multicultural class I have to go into the community and participate with a culture that is not my own to broaden my perspectives. I chose to learn more about Judaism. Tonight I went to a Shabbat service. It was really lovely. 


I loved the way they got together to welcome the start of the Sabbath. There were prayers and songs that are only prayed and sang on the Sabbath. There was a lovely feeling of ritual and of reaching for the Devine. I loved the feeling of community there. Anytime people are searching for the Father there is beauty. 

Yesterday I was searching for a delicious looking vegan dish. Sandy is trying a vegan diet, on the advice of her oncologist. She and Blake are coming over next week and I want to make something that will be bright and exciting and vegan. 

Last night was our triad night. It was so fun. There is something about practicing therapy on each other that makes you fast friends!

I was brushing my teeth the other day. And my toothbrush felt weird. I looked in the mirror and was horrified to find that I had grabbed Lincoln’s tooth brush. It’s in my bathroom because when I change his water I use it to scrub out that slimey parts of the bowl! 🤢

Today the Brandts, Johnsons, Browns and Bub are all driving down to St George to celebrate Marshall’s birthday! I can’t believe he’s 8!

Yesterday Grace and I were waxing. She did my armpits for me and I took a picture to send to my sisters because we are close like that. Sadly sisters starts with the same letter as my cute friend Sarah Aina…you can guess where this is going!😬🤦🏽‍♀️ if you read this :Sorry Sarah!

Lincoln got a bath today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment