Wednesday, August 5, 2020

DS


Today’s plan included going to Disney Springs. It was super super hot. Then it was pouring rain. Everywhere we go is pretty not crowded, which is fun from a visiting POV but awful from a general health of the economy perspective. If businesses don’t pick up soon I don’t know how they will survive.

Anyway we looked at stores and had a lot of fun. Tatum had a stomachache but didn’t want to leave.
We went out for lunch and also ran an errand on the way home.

In the evening Grace went to her friend Hannah’s birthday party. Hannah got to pick three guests. They had a fire outside and had a nice evening. 

Penny picked a pie recipe that she wanted to try so she and I made that.
We had Ethan’s mission opening and then had to pick Grace up from the party. On the way home Penny told me she was tired. She was so funny! She said “I never thought I’d say this until I became an adult but I am tired and want to go to bed!”
Tatum had a bad headache tonight. She gets migraines, poor sweet girl. I gave her some medicine and then she wanted me to lay with her because she was worried she wouldn’t be able to sleep. I was happy to oblige and asked if she’d like to lay quietly or if she’d like me to read. She picked read so I read Fablehaven until she fell asleep.

I am an old lady, I miss the days of toys and books on tables and dolls watching their momma’s sleep from nearby chairs. I miss bedtime stories and kitchen helpers and happy chatter. That’s the beauty of being a grandparent, you get a bit of a second go at it. At least a little bit every now and then:)


No comments:

Post a Comment