Saturday, August 1, 2020

Saturday

Our day didn’t go as planned. Our plan was to get up early and go to the river to tube, then to grocery shop, go to Laci and Sophi’s baptism, take Ethan to the airport and finally hang out. 

I set my alarm for 7 and when it went off Rob groaned that he was tired and we should go later. Also everyone else was sleeping. I walked the dogs and no one was awake so I got back in bed. At 10 I made everyone get up for pancakes. It was too late for the river so we bumped that on our mental calendar until next week and instead headed out for some errands.  We had to buy dog food, go to Staples, we stopped at Old Navy and got some jeans for T, and then we went grocery shopping. 

In the afternoon Penny and I swam while Tatum and Ziva watched TV. We played games. We played Clue, Crazy 8’s, There’s a Narwhal in my Spaghetti, Dominos, Bingo and Memory. 

The baptism was cancelled because we are anticipating a hurricane (which hasn’t landed yet so it wouldn’t have been a problem but not my call). Ethan got to the airport (not flying thru a hurricane so I am glad about that).

So there’s day 2 in the records. 

Also our TV plays classics like The Berenstain Bears on it for some dinner entertainment.  The girls ate pizza while Rob and I had a quite dinner date. I was gone all week last week so it had been a while, and if there is one thing we are very consistent at it’s weekly date night. 

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a long message, but apparently I wasn't signed in properly on Google, so here goes again. (If this is a repeat, I apologize) I just wanted you to know that I sent a message to your mom when I read about Tanner's accident. You all were in our prayers. (I did make a donation to the GoFundMe page--felt helpless and wanted to do something)

    I have enjoyed reading and seeing all the changes in your family. I think the last time I read you were in So. California. I hope you are enjoying Florida. (Years ago when we lived in Charlotte, we experienced Hurricane Hugo. I was familiar with earthquakes but never a hurricane. Everyone told us "No problem, we are too far inland it will not be a problem". Ha, ha. It was--we lost like 15 trees on our property, part of our roof, and we were without power and water for 5 days--thank goodness for storage!

    Just wanted to say hello. I will have to keep checking about Ethan's mission call. Allan was released last week after 5 years as a counselor in the Mission Presidency--we miss it. Life is busy, but that keeps us out of trouble.

    I laughed as I read about all the games you play--one thing I have always loved--all those games. Your house must be so fun.

    ReplyDelete