Tuesday, November 3, 2020

election day


 Oh boy.  People are nervous.  I am nervous.  What will our country look like tomorrow?  We took calls today in the guidance office from scared mom's who said their kids were asking to go home, reporting that there were lots of threats of danger and mayhem.  The peaceful transfer of power is supposed to be the hallmark of democracy. I think we will fall short of the mark this election. Unfortunately we are voting for the lesser of two evils.  I think everyone agrees with that.  What they don't agree with is who is the lesser.  

In other election news Tatum got selected for the student council! Whoo hoo!!  That's exciting as can be.

I went ministering today, for the first time since covid.  To be honest this year doesn't look that different than a typical year for me.  I struggle to be a good ministering sister.  I don't know why?  I don't like making appointments, then I don't want to go, and I try to think of reasons not to go leading up to the visit.  Then I go and have a nice time.  Today I visited Fabiola and we always have a nice visit.  She has come such a long way since her brain aneurysm and is such a joy to visit with.  We had a lovely talk, and drank  bai water, and ended with a prayer.  How is that not something to look forward to?  I actually have appointments set up with my other two sisters as well. 

So it's official Ethan will do home MTC.  I am happy to have him here until Dec 30.  (that's the bright side talking, I am equally bummed that he will miss out on the traditional MTC experience) We are praying that Spain opens and he can go then, but if not he will serve where he is called. I can't believe we are so close.  

Tonight for mutual we are having career night.  This week the YW invited speakers, next week the YM will.  

And for the record I have not bought a single Christmas present yet.  
Marshall helping his mom vote.  

No comments:

Post a Comment