Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday evening

  •  As per usual Grace went home with Lettie on Wednesday. They love to play their instruments together and hang out.
  • Friday night Rob and I went to a new place to eat. It is owned by an Israeli family and seemed very authentic to me. We were the only native English speakers in the place. I do not love Mediterranean food but it was pretty good and R likes it a lot and sometimes he gets to pick. NaQuanda asked me to be on the look out for a good Serbian restaurant, somehow I am the fun expert?, anyway I didn’t even know what Serbian food was before I looked it up. I did look it up and it seems like the commonly agreed upon idea is it’s a mix of Greek & Mediterranean with Turkish influences. This place was not that, however, it did have a distinctly that-area-of-the-world feel so I will tell her about it. 
  • Saturday Grace had all state band workshops, her clarinet lesson with Nikolai, went to Disney Springs with Belle and Julia, and then spent the evening at the DiAmico’s. 
  • Rob and I also went to DS and ate at my favorite “the Polite Pig”.
  • Saturday morning we had a stake YW activity. They had a 5k. Only two girls from our ward came but I think they had fun. Laurie and I went and we walked the whole thing and had a great chat. We did great and were in the middle of the pack the whole time and finished under an hour which is good for an old chubba whabba. 
  • Today we had church. Grace and I had a YCL meeting to go to to start planning camp and Katie came home with us after to hang out until the middle of the night since tomorrow is MLK day and we have no school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment