Monday, October 4, 2021

Cookin the books

These two cats are Rob’s buddies. They often sleep with him and follow him around. They are funny felines. I don’t mind when one of them curls up in the hollow of my back and is warm and purry. It reminds me a little of when the kids were small and would pile in bed. Animals have their own slice of the family’s emotional pie. The less people live at home the bigger the slice the animals get. 

Last night Linc and Lu and I also lounged around chatting in the bed. Her homecoming dress arrived in the mail and it fit! Always a worry when you order online. We talked about band (her life), and pain (her constant burden), and hope and stuff. Linc was our pillow. 
It’s missionary Monday. I love reading Ethan’s letters. We also get letters from several of his friends who are serving and that is so fun. These kids are amazing. I miss this boy. 

 Sierra and Chris went hunting this weekend. Chris posted this picture and I was delighted to see their smiling faces. Si is doing better, what a miracle. Sometimes (usually not more than a couple times a day) I will think of the accident. Sometimes I think of the actual events and I feel nauseous and can’t believe something so awful happened. Sometimes I think about how we see the hand of God in her healing and in the peace we felt and the love and help we got. Sometimes I feel guilt, like if I had made different choices when she was growing up maybe her life would have take a different route and she wouldn’t even have been in that car, sometimes I can’t believe how blessed we are & then I think of Tanner and wish he had that and then I wish Val didn’t lose him & then I remind myself that she didn’t. Not for always and that Heavenly Father has a plan, we just have to trust Him and be faithful. Sometimes I worry about what the future will hold for her, for Chris, together or apart. Sometimes I am just so so happy she’s here. And usually all of those things happen at once. 

Some events impact you in ways that change you forever.  

7th period was good today, which is a different kind of miracle. 

Quarter grades are due. Our district policies regarding who must pass and how grades are given require some, what feels like, “cooking of the books.”

I talked to Marshall today, he got glass and looks so smart! Penny also got some for reading. Later Ezra called and I chatted with him while he ate his yummy dinner. Then later I talked to Coco and Ruby and saw their Halloween decorations and watched them put up a giant spider web and a giant fuzzy black spider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment