Friday, October 1, 2021

October 1st!

I wore an orange shirt to work today! I love Halloween season.

Tonight I broke out my Halloween jams and curled up with book 3 of the All Souls trilogy. 

Rob and I tried an Argentinian restaurant for dinner. It was yummy. 
We have a sisters text thread. Today we did a fall this or that. Everyone loves fall. 

The end of the first quarter is upon us. In my class that has meant oral book reports. The kids have done a really good job. It’s been fun to hear what they like to read. 
Izzy telling us about some creepy dolls come to life and kill people book.

 I love this picture of Val and Kenz!

In preparation for conference I’ve been listening to last April’s talks. Some of them have really touched my heart. One that brought me to tears as I drove to work early one weekday morning was Elder Renlund’s Infuriating Unfairness.  “Do not let unfairness harden you or corrode your faith in God. Instead, ask God for help. Increase your appreciation for and reliance on the Savior. Rather than becoming bitter, let Him help you become better. Allow Him to help you persevere, to let your afflictions be “swallowed up in the joy of Christ.” Join Him in His mission “to heal the brokenhearted,” strive to mitigate unfairness, and become a stonecatcher.“. Everyone’s life is hard hard, and unfair. I am grateful that Jesus will make it all work together for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment