Wednesday, October 6, 2021

feathered fingers

 After work yesterday I went to the band room to help crazy glue feathers into plumes for the band hats.  It was a sticky affair.  We had 5 moms working together so that was fun.  Still it took us almost 2 hours.  I ended up with a lot of glue on my fingers and feather remenants that took hours to get off.  It was worth it (I guess LOL).  Each parent, theoretically, needs to volunteer 3 times per year.  Some parents volunteer A LOT.  Some not at all.  I am in the middle, I try to help out as often as I am available.  There are different catagories of help needed: chaperone, snack bar, uniforms, PIT, and random stuff.  Last night fell under uniforms. Another mom who was there told us she felt guilty because she hadn't volunteered as much this year as the past two but she was diagnosied with metistatic breast cancer and hasn't been able to go out as much. We talked awhile about her cancer and her treatment.  We didn't talk about the guilt she felt becuase it wasn't even noteworthy.  Being a mom comes with a lot of guilt.  Which is not good.

Today I was "mugged" at work.  That was a nice


surprise. Now I will return the favor!


Tonight for YW we are doing a service project & tomorrow I work the snack bar for the homecoming football game. 



No comments:

Post a Comment