Friday, October 8, 2021

Work day

We had a teacher work day today. Most of the teachers took personal days so they wouldn’t have to come in, I think there were like 10 cars in the parking lot. I am saving mine for when our newest little lady arrives so I went to work. It actually was a productive day. I got ahead in my lesson planning, decorated a window that I’ve been meaning to get to and watched conference while I worked. 
I got home and Rob and I went to the movies to see Shang Chi, which we both liked. Then we had brussel sprouts at the polite pig, my favorite, and walked around Disney Springs, also my favorite. He doesn’t like it that much which is very typical for us. We are a night owl married to an early riser, likes the house warm and the window shades wide open to let in light vs ice box and dark(ish) (because it’s cooler) home, video games vs Netflix, his swim hunt fish to my visit with the kids and grands, mushroom & dark meat chicken to smoked meat and Turkey breasts and other dry foods, Disney loving/crowd hating, backing the car into the parking spot/ zip right in the first spot you come to, introvert/extrovert, fruity dessert/chocolate,  etc. etc. It makes me laugh. A lot. 

Luckily we do have some things in common. We both love the beach and Christmas movies. We both like to read, and to spend time with family, we both like to go to the zoo, and to serve together. We like to travel together and I think he’s smart and looks nice with a beard So there you go. Anyway we had a fun night. 

Last night after work I went to work the concession stand. It was long and busy and I’m glad my turns are done for the year. Plus it made for a long long day. 

Grace missed the game, and missed a couple days of school this week because she hasn’t been feeling well. I wish her pain would go away. It’s very sad not being able to make her better.

No comments:

Post a Comment