Thursday, October 21, 2021

rushing on

Oh boy, time just is flying by and there is so much to get done.  Probably most importantly Grace had her wisdom teeth out on Tuesday she is doing really well with the whole thing and felt okay from the get go.  She is swollen and a little sore but I think she's had the easiest time of all the kids. I am grateful because she sure has her share of physical trials on a daily basis so it's nice that something went easily.  Rob took her to the surgery and I just had to check in during the day.  One definite down side to working full time is having to go to work all the time.  I have a lot of days planned off and couldn't take another for her surgery.  :(  Rob is good when people are sick and they did fine.
Last night for YW we had a combined activity with the YM.  We did pumpkin carving and it was super fun.  The elders came by with a lady and her teenage son whom they had just met and he joined in as well.  The kids always love the annual pumpkin carve!
Last weekend was band.  Friday night I worked the snack bar, Saturday we went to BOA regionals.  Rob and I enjoyed watching, the kids did great and the other bands were also super fun to watch. I do love a good marching band!

Sunday I had hoped to take a nap, we also signed in to take dinner to the Ramey's.  It turned out that Rob got a call from them during church, they thought Carol was going to pass that day, so we went over and it took up nap time.  I was happy to go and pray and sit and offer what meager comfort we could.  Then in Martha like fashion I left to make the dinner.  And I was glad to go.  Rob stayed.  He's been a very good ministering brother.  

We've been over a few more times this week trying to offer support.  She is still with us, which is good, I guess. I know she's ready.  God is in charge though so we wait patiently on the Lord's timing.

In mission news Ethan is no longer in Wendover.  He had some interesting experiences and performed some very Christ like service while he was there.  I am sure he is glad to be back in "cavillation" now.  I am so proud of him and all the young missionaries who sacrifice their these years of their lives to help others.  He told us about an older man in the ward who is wall-E like fashion lives a very sedate life.  He is not in good health.  The elders go over an change his bedding, and dress his feet that are covered with sores, and keep him company.  This doesn't sound like much fun but it does sound like exactly what the Lord would do if He was there.

Grace and I watched Hocus Pocus together the other night.  It's a fun annual tradition.  

I listen to conference or the BOM on the way to work each morning.  A few days ago I was listening to Elder Renlund's conference talk. He told the story of the Finnish temple being built, the animosity between the Fins and the Russians and told of how now this temple would be used by them, as well as surrounding countries.  When the temple was dedicated the Finnish temple committee decided that the first day it was open should be dedicated to the Russian saints to get their work done as they had traveled far and couldn't stay long.  As I listened to the story my heart was so touched that tears streamed down my face as I drove along the freeway.  I am so grateful that Jesus Christ changes hearts and makes people better.  Enemies can love each other as a result of the blessings of the atonement and light of Christ in their lives.  It was a sweet reminder to me of who is in charge and where to put my faith.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment