Thursday, October 6, 2022

Lincoln went to the groomer today and came home looking very handsome. 

This morning I went to volunteer with four roots, a local organization that feeds the hungry. We met at their warehouse and sorted produce for distribution. I was on pineapple team with two elders, one who started his mission when Ethan did and one who is in his first area. It was fun, and I enjoyed talking to everyone there. Carmen, the lady in charge asked me at the end if I’d like to go with her to the distribution location. I said sure and off we drove to a church in a very bad part of town that has some very good people working there. There was a line of folks getting food and they were so happy to see the produce we brought. It was neat to participate in that, and to hear the exclamations of delight when people saw the fresh food we were bringing in. The pastor told us they feed over a 100 families each week, I loved seeing all the community outreach that they did at this little church. I’ll be back to help again.

For YW tonight we had our semi annual bishopric vs the youth conference challenge. The bishopric won by 6 questions. After we ended up chatting awhile. 

 I’ve been reflecting on and studying the talks from conference. We had a powerful experience there. I am so grateful for a living prophet, a restored church, and a loving Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment