Monday, October 10, 2022

Surgery center

This morning we are at the surgery center trying to find out why Grace is vomiting blood. It is less than before, both the vomit and the blood, so we are trending in a positive direction. Still the goal is 0 for both. 

Lincoln is a star everywhere we go. Most everyone loves him. Or they are scared of dogs generally and him by virtue of the fact that he’s a dog and not because of anything specific that he does. He’s a big muppet. 

When we are home and he’s not working and a man comes by or in he will bark and that is scary, deep and loud and persistent. I’m not scared but I can see that it could be. 


 Grace and I have had some fun and odd conversations lately. On the way here we rated natural disasters. Hurricane is the best one. You know it’s coming and can get out of the way (unless you live on an island (which we do not)). So you might lose possessions and property but you can escape loss of life. Tsunami is worst. If you are caught in a tsunami you will probably die. I think tornados are the most scary, they come out of nowhere, you can die, there is no escape. (I don’t live where tsunamis occur). Grace thinks earthquakes are the most scary. When I was growing up I thought quick sand would be a real danger but it turns out I never encounter it. 

The other night we were laying on her bed chatting and Linc needed to go out. It was late, and dark, and neither one of us wanted to go. So we played this game to decide who had to go: the person who could name the most causes of death for the original apostles would win. 

I won. She took him out and then we discussed the cost of discipleship…ours is way easier to pay than theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment