Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sabbath

Ethan’s mission president posted some new pictures from their zone conference. We got to talk to him tonight and it was so much fun. Everyone got on except Jenna and Grace and we had a good chat and everyone was upbeat and cheerful.
Church was good. During YW we talked a little about the new For The Strength of Youth. There was a change announced on Sunday during conference and it’s been the topic of much conversation this week. I was very surprised…although I should not be, it follows the trend we’ve been seeing for years. More personal responsibility, less, Idk, direction I guess. I am still of the camp of people who miss 3 hour church. The world is a crazy place and I like a lot of support to help me make good choices, I like a strong active village. We have been told over and over that each person needs their own testimony, their own firm foundation to stay strong in the last days. So there is that. The girls seem to really like the changes, several mentioned how they loved that the new direction tells them why something is important and then lets them feel the spirit and decide for themselves. Our youth are valiant. 
After church one of the moms came to talk to me and was tearfully upset about the changes. She felt like we are abandoning our standards, or I suspect like she was being abandoned in her efforts to raise disciples . I know we have a living prophet and that he speaks for God so when something surprising happens we just have to be patient and have faith. I listened to her, tried to comfort her, and tried to share my thoughts on the matter. They aren’t that far different than hers but again, this is a living church. The commandments don’t change but line upon line we change and the world around us changes and the help we need changes, and the Lord provides what is needed in that moment.
Some more pictures from senior night.


 
Rob and Pete went fishing on Saturday. Fall is coming to So MD. 


No comments:

Post a Comment