Sunday, June 11, 2023

It’s summer, almost officially. It hasn’t been that hot yet here in Maryland. I think Saturday was in the 80’s, tomorrow is going to be stormy.  

This weekend was stake conference. It was exceptional. Michelle asked me to coordinate  dinner for the leadership between their training session and the adult session. She and I shopped a couple weeks ago for chips and water bottles and bags of cookies. I don’t have any club memberships right now and she does. Then I called Chick-fil-A and ordered 250 sandwiches. Saturday I drove up with Rob, made sure things was set up, went to pick up the sandwiches during the meeting and then helped clean after. It went smoothly. Luckily I have a lot of experience with driving to Chick-fil-A and with putting paper plates into the trash.

It was really fun to see friends from when we lived here before. Warm embraces and happy chats filled my afternoon and evening. I am going to love heaven when we are with everyone we have ever loved. That is something to look forward to! 

Besides that the talks were really great. Today we decided not to make the hour and a half long drive to the stake center and watched it on zoom instead. It was really good and again  I enjoyed the talks a lot. Music stinks over zoom but saving 3 hours of driving (round trip) is worth stinky music.

 

Killer whales have been going a little crazy. Lots of crazy stuff happens in our world. I feel like it is really in turmoil. 
I love my hammock and sit in it every day. Taco wanders our woods but he comes in when I do. He’s a pretty good cat, kind of dumb and remarkably clumsy for a feline. I do wish he was more affectionate. He curls up by me, or on me, but only on his own terms.
On fb I follow a door appreciation group. I liked this cheerful blue. I like seeing all the cool doors around the world.  (We will add that to the bird watching as evidence that I am old).
Rob is selling his fishing kayak. We may end up getting a boat eventually. 
One of my former YW posted this today and I loved seeing it!

Ethan finished a week in AZ. He’ll start week 3 of fsy tomorrow. It was fun to talk to him today and hear a little about his week. He’s been busy.

Blake broke up with Grace. This was surprising and she is sad but doing fine. I’m flying down to get her in two weeks and we will drive to MD together. I’m looking forward to having her home for a couple months. I’m also really looking forward to spending a couple of days in Florida. 

School continues to be challenging, and interesting, in equal parts.

In my free time I’ve been reading a book about a leper colony. Did you know leprosy was still a thing? Every year many people in the US are diagnosed with it. Who knew?


No comments:

Post a Comment