Monday, June 26, 2023


My flight landed, so spoiler alert the story ends well. It was typically complicated. I got to the airport and got to my gate with no problems. Then the adventure began. Our flight was delayed, and delayed, and delayed. It turned out that the FAA called a ground stop (I think that's what it's called) and the whole airport was closed for several hours.  Planes circled and then were diverted to nearby airports. There was a problem with the radar, which was why everything was a mess. People were grumpy and I got to talk to some interesting folks who dealt with the delays in a variety of ways. 
Eventually everything was sorted out and I arrived in Orlando at 1am. Four hours later than anticipated. For the record I am happy to wait for the radar to be fixed, it just seems like there is always something when it comes to flying.


It is so fun to be back with cute Gracie girl! Today we went to Typhoon Lagoon. Tom and Diana came with us and everyone had fun.  They are looking forward to going back with Maverick now that they have passes. Grace and I rode the slides and floated the lazy river. We ate ice cream sundaes for lunch and we both got a little toasty. 
 

This cutie got to go to FSY today! So fun! She'll have a great time, I'm suređź’–

We went out to dinner with Jess and the kids and then I had my teams meeting with Megan. It was a good day and a productive one...even if I forgot how to use sunscreen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment