Wednesday, April 15, 2020

mid week

This morning we were talking to Jenna and the girls.  Abe is a giant dog.  This led to us wondering who was taller Abe or Lincoln (ha ha) Well Linc is bad at standing up but I think Abe is definitely taller.  Brown haired girl with blond dog, blond girl with brown dog:)
Papa is feeling a bit better.  On our group text someone said all he needed was a mask and he'd look like the dread pirate roberts.  I don't know if this is an indication of too much time on their hands or of their good sense of humor but mom and dad came up with this gem! 

Our house workers are done and they did a good job.  We are happy with it.  I love the backsplash.  I am glad they are done because everyone hated being trapped in their rooms & I hated worrying about if we were doing something dumb or not.  If it was dumb and least it's done.

We did zoom mutual tonight.  Our connection wasn't great but the girls still want to do one next week so that's good.

My friend Alecia did a random things about her post and asked for others to do the same...again too much time and a good sense of humor ;), it seemed like fun so hear you go:

  1. brussel sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables. I also like carrots, artichokes, cucumbers, potatoes, salad, tomatoes, broccoli, edamame, peas and beets but not asparagus or okra or squash.
  2. for years, like 45 years, I never dreamed.  At least not that I remembered when I woke up.  This was a source of disappointment for me, especially during the years I was studying psychology.  Now I do occasionally remember a dream and it is even a bigger disappointment.  My subconscious is quite boring I guess.
  3. when I go underwater, which is rarely, water ALWAYS goes up my nose, and it hurts.  I wish I was a good swimmer but...
  4. I am the least musical person I know.  I rarely listen to music and I don't know the words to any songs all the way thru except for hymns and nursery rhymes. 
  5. my favorite color is blue.
  6. I still like watching Disney movies, and will watch them by myself.
  7. I'm a nervous flyer.
  8. I love the smells of summer: camp fires, beach, sunscreen, woodsy walks, BBQ, etc.
  9. I like to drink milk.
  10. I love to read although I don't do it as often as I used to.
  11. I only speak one language and I find this an embarrassing fact.
  12. There are a lot of jobs I wish I knew how to do but the best one is being a mother and I feel very lucky that I chose to do that and was able to do that. I would have liked to be a counselor, or a midwife or a dolphin trainer or a fairy godmother though.
  13. I always thought I was a morning chicken, until covid, now I'm a night owl.  What??
  14. brushing my teeth is my favorite hygiene activity.
  15. I only had one epidural with my 6 births, and it was my least favorite experience.  I miss being pregnant and nursing and having a baby.  Those were sweet days.
  16. I love being the mom of older kids a lot.
  17. My sisters are my best friends...and I am a little sad that we don't have the same biological dad.
  18. I love shellfish.
  19. I love to go new places...but I don't love the actual travel part.
  20. With The Covid Crisis I am watching new things on the internet that entertain me. Such as Sir Patrick Stewart reading sonnets. SGN with “Jim”. Astronauts reading stories to kids from the space station. And of course my favorite Don’t Miss This.



1 comment:

  1. I never dream either! The only time I remember having dreams was when I was pregnant and then they were straight up creepy and awful and I would wake up with my heart pounding and freaking out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete