Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Tuesday

Today is Hannah and Sawyer’s 2nd wedding anniversary! They have been through a lot. Lots of moves, jobs, school, baby. They also have lots to look forward to. Two more moves this year, Ezra’s birth, more school and soon graduation for Hannah. It’s an exciting, stressful, busy time of life. Anyway I sure love those two.

I got a lot of work done today! Yay!

One thing I love about quarantine is the amount of time we have to talk to family and friends. Also, weirdly I have a feeling of calm and peace. There is no where to go.  No outside obligations or distractions. I love our busy life and can’t wait to get back to it but I think I will look back at this time
with some positive memories.  I do hope I go back to normal sleep. I spend more time laying in bed at night not sleeping.

Today our fridge broke. Not good.
Luckily we have a garage fridge and the kids moved all the food into it. Rob replaced a circuit board of some sort thinking that was the issue. It was not. He ordered a capacitor online and it should be here on Saturday. Hopefully that is it.

Our new backsplash looks great. The kids hate having the workers come because they have to stay in their rooms the whole time. The project is almost complete, tomorrow will be the last day and I think it won’t even be a whole day.

Things I am looking forward to:

  • Getting a pedicure. 
  • Going to church with our friends
  • Going to a restaurant and sitting there and eating, with other people around.
  • The kids not being trapped.
  • Disney being open open open. 
  • Going to the grocery store with out a sense of foreboding. Trying to avoid people, wondering what will be available to buy. 
  • Getting together with friends.
  • Back to work and school.
  • Going to the beach.
  • Getting Ethan’a mission stuff off pause.
  • Summer and the trips we have planned.
  • Hearing the fireworks at night.  
  • Shops and offices back open and people back to work.

Things I hope stay changed:
More family time
More compassion being shown
More thoughts turned to God

This picture was from this morning. I was FaceTiming and Cora was “cooking her baby mouse” in her play kitchen and she thought it was so funny!!

1 comment:

  1. That’s so funny, I just finished a blog post and wrote a list of things I can’t wait to do either! Ha. And also, Ezra has been on our boy name list! Love her name choice! ;)

    ReplyDelete