Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Sea World

Things are slowly opening back up. When I thought Penny and Tatum were coming here now I bought tickets to Sea World. They were special “re-opening” priced, and you had to select your day. Then they couldn’t come and suddenly I had four tickets to use or lose. Neither Rob nor Ethan wanted to go so I let Grace invite 2 friends. She chose Kaylynn and Belle. The girls were super excited to go. To be honest I had lost my enthusiasm for the outing and was just hoping it wouldn’t be too hot. 

It turned out to be so so fun! First off the girls were cute and sweet. The shows were amazing and I got great seats and the crowds were low. Belle has diabetes and gets a disability pass so the lines for the rides for us were nonexistent. I rode infinity falls with them twice, which was super fun! Mostly I wanted to see the animals and they wanted to ride the rides. They did go to the orca show with me, and we ate lunch together but the rest of the time they ran around and I was free to wander as I wanted. They did ride all of the rides more than once and loved it. Manta was deemed the favorite but everyone thought infinity falls was a close second.

Best of all though I got to see the animals upclose and for as long as I wanted and they had some babies that were so so adorable!

This little sea lion was about a month old. They also had one that was born last night. He was also out but my picture wasn’t very good. 


This manatee was born last month. His mom was hit by a boat and was in the rehab hospital. He is the first to be born at sea world. 

This little dolphin is named Spark and he is 2 months and a half old. He was jumping and splashing and was acrobatic and adorable!

I watched the animals for a long time and it was really peaceful and fun. God has made some beautiful creatures!

We got there when they opened and left after the park closed! I would go back for sure. The face masks were kind of awful but other than that it was great!

I will say that I thought the park did an awesome job enforcing social distancing and mask wearing and crowd control. Even if you were the most worried pandemic citizen you would have felt good with the measures they were taking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment