Monday, June 8, 2020

Silver linings

I think not....at least they aren’t always easy to find.

We’ve had our latest Covid disappointment. We had plans for Penny and Tatum to fly here to Orlando for two weeks on Tuesday. We had direct flights booked and we were all counting down the days.  Then I saw on an email that they had a lay over in Atlanta:(. What?
Because air travel has fewer passengers right now flights have been changed and now Delta doesn’t have a direct flight between SLC and MCO. Penny is 7 and isn’t even allowed, by airline rules, to fly unaccompanied with a connection. So they are coming in August which is awesome!! But not now..which is so, so sad.

I had to spend some time cancelling things that I had booked this morning and it went smoothly. I couldn’t cancel Sea World so now I have four tickets for next week. Maybe Rob will take a day off work and Grace will invite a friend. Or something else, we’ll see. It’s very sad though, stupid Covid.

We had another mission papers set back as well. We didn’t know but all the missionaries (at least in our stake) need to have an appointment with a psychologist before they submit their paperwork. Today we took the 10 necessary steps to make his appointment.  I felt myself feeling frustrated with the whole thing...which is uncharacteristic for me. Idk if it’s the fact that we are in jumangi level 6 and everything is upside down and it’s been the weirdest year ever or if I am becoming grumpier with age but there you have it.  I guess it’s always a process.



No comments:

Post a Comment