Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Ezra

 

Yesterday Ezra and his parents arrived! Yay! I went to the airport early, had to get up at 4 but I was happy to.  Then it turned out I was an hour early because Hannah told me the wrong flight info.  It was also okay.  No one was in baggage claim but me and I had my BOM with me so I just took the opportunity for the some quiet study time. Their flight went well and when they got home they were able to sleep. Ezra is a miracle baby, he really is such a good sleeper and is always so happy.  He finally got to meet Ethan.  I'm not sure that either one of them were very impressed with the other but that little E2 is sure cute!
We had our YW Christmas party last night.  Laurie hosted.  Her home is beautiful and right on the lake.  We had dinner and played games, had a gift exchange and then Lettie gave a beautiful thought on the new theme. We gave the girls theme posters and their emblems of belonging.  We also gave them hats and gloves because we are going ice skating with the YM on Saturday and we thought that would be fun for everyone to have the same.  All but 4 girls came so we were excited.  
We had a little issue, lest you think all is always rosy but the girls who came had a great time.  We have amazing young women, they just have a lot in their lives that they are going thru or struggling with.  It's hard and we just try to love them and provide uplifting activities and lessons. 
The clarinet section.  


I am very grateful for all my blessings and this beautiful life we get to live.  At the same time it's very hard.  Everyone I know is going thru such big struggles.  Lots of devastating health issues: from people dying of covid, to coach mike (29 year old) finding out he has a tumor in his chest, to chronic and acute issues of all kinds that I feel like I hear about all.the.time. Kristina, my secretary has ulcerative colitis, she literally can never eat, yet she is amazing and cheerful and is Grace's second mom here in Florida.  
Mental health issues: I know so many people who suffer from anxiety, depression, feeling hopeless, friendless and dumb . We had a girl OD on campus just this week.  Financial woes, drug problems, divorces, relationship problems, abuse, godlessness, gender confusion, rampant sin and selfishness.  Everyone is busy.  Everyone is confused.  Everyone longs for things to be different. But they aren't.

Yet we carry on.  We try to spread hope and love and to be full of Faith.  We have to do our best, to endure, to have joy, to trust the Lord and lean not on our own understanding.  

What a world.

It's so nice to have Hannah here.  She cleaned the bathroom and folded some laundry. I am excited for when my work week is done and I am on fulltime vacation mode. At least we have the afternoons and evenings right now.  Sawyer is cheerful and he and E have each other's back:) Everything is better when family is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment