Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday

 

Rob picked me up from the airport yesterday and we drove to Costco then home. I ended up staying up past midnight and thought to myself well I can nap and/or go to bed early tomorrow. 

My flights were good. I have had a flying miracle. As we all remember a long time ago I became irrationally afraid of flying. I would do it but it was miserable. So miserable that I would feel sick and even one time went to the ER before a flight thinking I was having a heart attack or something. I would be scared the whole time and even nervous the day before. I had a couple blessings (and some medication) and that helped but it still wasn’t great. Then one day I was fervently praying before a flight and I had an experience. It was peaceful and sweet and I felt like God was lifting my burden and comforting me. I flew and it was fine and I was very very grateful. Well since then flying has been okay. I still get a little nervous but I just remind myself to choose faith over fear. I have to purposely choose and then my flights go well, turbulence and all. I think this is a miracle and I am grateful for a loving God who cares about my silly concerns. 

So back to the sleep story. Turns out nope. I got up early(ish) for ward council. After I cleaned because we were having company. We went to church and had RS on zoom. Julie Hinton is our teacher and she does an amazing job! I have loved both her lessons. Then we cleaned a little more, then Bub and I watched Anastasia. We cooked dinner. The Gooches and Garrett (Rob’s new employee) and his girlfriend came over for dinner. We had a fun visit. They left around 8 we walked the dogs (Kraytos and Ziva are being babysat by us), came home and cleaned up and then E asked would I watch Atlantis with him so I did. 
Now it’s 11 and not only did I not catch up on sleep I ran the deficit down too:(
It was a good day however.
In other news it looks like Jenna and Clayton are having the best vacation and lots of adventures so I am very happy for them. 

Also favorite quote of the day: sometimes we expect million dollar answers to our ten cent prayers.

We need to be invested in our prayer life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment