Friday, May 14, 2021

Home rehab day 1

Sierra slept well, or at least better than in the hospital, last night. In the morning she got showered (mostly by herself) and then we went to Jenna’s to stretch. Sierra wanted to because she said Jenna was the expert. When I asked J she said to come on over, we’ll start a new thing, instead of goat yoga we’ll do chicken stretching!
Her backyard is so pretty and we spent a couple hours out there just enjoying it. Dani played catch with the kids. They jumped on the trampoline and dug up worms for the chickens. Spanish has a new used bookstore and yesterday Tatum and I ran over to check it out. Of course it was great! We got 5 books for her, two for Marsh and 1 each for the twins. They loved them and I read them each book a  couple of times.

After Dani took M to school she brought back leftovers and we ate together outside. 
Val and Kenz and Brandon came over this afternoon for dressing changing. They were super helpful to have over and it was as festive as such an event can be. I think it’s really great for Sierra to have so much family around to support her, help her, sit with her, make her feel safe and like life will be fine. 
So this is hands down the hardest thing I’ve gone thru, and I’m not even the one going thru it. Harder than divorce, cancer, being a teen mom, moving and leaving friends behind, living with a mean husband, having my 6 weeks of being bedridden with a bad back, finding out my sisters were donor kids, anything. (Well having Val lose Tanner was worse) But even in the middle of trails and hardship we can feel joy and find peace. We’ve seen and experienced so many miracles and felt God’s love so intimately, which has been joyful. We have met many wonderful, kind and caring people who took care of Sierra. I have been able to spend a lot of time with Sierra and with Dani and some time with the kids and Jenna and Greg and Clayton. That has been a huge joy and comfort. It’s been fun to have time with Val, to be here while Kenz is wedding planning and getting engaged, and to spend time with all the family. Even during our hardest times we can see the blessings in our lives if we look for them and we can know that God loves us. I am so grateful for that, and I am looking forward to Sierra improving and living the life of her dreams. 

It’s been very hard, and I miss Grace and Rob and being home a lot, but this is just a season. 
 

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, Lana! Such an inspiration and I pray for you every day.

    ReplyDelete