Monday, May 10, 2021

Ups and downs

Tonight Kenz and Brandon and Jo came to visit. It was super fun. Also Sierra has been getting lots of beautiful flowers.
Tonight we had our weekly Ethan call and it was a bonus call for me because we got to chat last night for Mother’s Day. 
Sierra is doing amazing. She is getting stronger and clearer minded every day. It is such a blessing and we are all so grateful.

That being said it’s not easy. Miracles sometimes take a lot of work. Today Sierra felt depressed and upset. She saw her bad arm for the first time and was very discouraged. She also really wants to go home and doesn’t understand how much better she will do and how much more quickly she will recover in rehab. 

These are normal, expected and fine feelings to have. God’s shoulders are big enough to take all that and more. 


 It is hard to be in the hospital all the time with her. Thankfully Dani and I can swap. She is often mad at me and frustrated. 

Tonight I left earlier than I normally do. I came home and Val and Ryan and I went on a scooter ride, which was very fun after I got over being scared. We went to visit Tanner and then we played a fun card game called Skull King. It really was a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment