Monday, August 9, 2021

Back to School Eve

 

The weekend went pretty quickly. Saturday Grace had Claw day, where the upcoming freshmen got to come to school and get a tour and get their ID and a pep rally and lunch. She was a volunteer. She’s working on her bright future hours, which is super important to do if you think you will attend a florida university. Rob and I did chores and went to lunch. After Claw day Grace and I went back to school shopping and after that we made dinner and I worked on Kenzie’s “babymaker” (the proposal reference).

Sunday we had church, ward council, a presidency meeting, a seminary kick off meeting, and Will Stroud’s farewell. It was a busy day.

Today was full of meeting and prepping and happy news after all last week feeling like I was not going to get the hang of all the Ed Tech I made a breakthrough and today got a lot done and I think it will be fine. Hopefully I’ll get better and better and teaching will go well. I am looking forward to it. 

Like all things there are pros and cons.

Con: longish commute (30-40 min). Pro: it goes quickly since I’ve been listening to books. Right now I am “reading” Small Spaces and it is creepy and perfect for an October read. Since I am doing first chapter Fridays I will definitely be using this as one of our read alouds.

Con: Ethan called during the day and everyone got to talk to him but I only had 5 minutes :(. No Pro.

Pro: $$.  …well more like $. Con: I’m gone a lot.

Pro: It’s meaningful and I am excited to meet the kids. Con: I miss being at the school with Grace.

Old job pro: I came, I worked, I went home. Easy breezy. 

New job: it’s on your mind all the time. I knew that was how teaching is. It consumes you and takes all the time you will give it. The good news is Grace is big and can drive and go where she needs to go, and I can still focus on her (enough, I hope). It was definitely harder when the girls were small and they came to school with me and needed all the things kids need. BUT 2 weeks at Christmas and 2 months in the summer plus other breaks is pretty sweet!!


No comments:

Post a Comment